Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Africa Today

I subscribed very recently to the BBC’s Africa Today Podcast (other radio programs with a focus on Africa can be found here). The program lasts about 15 minutes and hence is a rather convenient option to catch up with Africa’s current events on a daily basis. The program features the latest news and analyses from Africa, including regular interviews with public figures and local voices and updates from journalists all over the continent. In addition, they have special features such as the one last week, in which they asked a few African entrepreneurs to give the listeners some tips on running a successfull business. I found these tips insightful and pictured Mma Ramotswe giving her views as well (all of them mentioned 'hard work' and I can bet Mma would've too!). I enjoy the program for one more reason - it gives me great pleasure to begin my drive to work with rhythmic African drums and a multitude of beautiful African accents dancing in my ears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Jambo!