Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Moroccan Harira

Picture from www.spicelines.com

Over the weekend we dined at Jules Bistro, which has some wonderful Live Jazz (they even played my favourite Herbie Hancock number Chameleon from the album Headhunters). The soup du jour was a North African Soup called “Harira” which is the traditional soup of Morocco. Apparently, it is found on almost every Moroccan menu (mental note to add this to my to-do list for Morocco, whenever I finally get to go). I enjoyed the soup very much especially since lamb is among my favorite meats. Here are some recipes from SoupSong, BBC Good Food and Spice Lines. The soup can be prepared without the meat (you can just eliminate it from the recipe!).

I am eager to share this with my French teacher, who is originally from Morocco. She spoke to us with great fondness about the beauty and culture of Morocco while we were covering a chapter about travel. I hope to go soon and cannot wait to ride on the Marrakesh Express. All on board that train!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Jambo!